Skip to main content

My thoughts on not finishing the 2019-2020 School Year, the normal way

Today as I cleaned out my kids’ School backpacks I cant help but feeling sad and anger. I feel at a loss because we are losing the chance to finish the 2019-2020 School year with our Amazing Teachers, Staff members, and Friends. 
As a Mom I am doing my best to help my kids stay on track and continue learning with the resources being provided, but I don’t come close to comparing to their hard working Teachers. I feel like they have been robbed of the opportunity to finish up their 2nd & 4th grade years learning from Amazing People and then saying their goodbyes.  
 They are not in Kindergarten , 5th grade, or Seniors but they are still missing out. 

I may not be a Student or Teacher but as a very active Volunteer I too am missing out.  This time of year my Team and I are busy planning Staff Appreciation Week and End of Year Celebrations on top of all our regular monthly events. We are organizing our office with the shipments of field day shirts, yearbooks and spirit wear.  
I am extremely blessed because during the School year I get to work hard doing what I love, it makes my heart happy to Volunteer my time.  During my time at our current School I have built a bond with the Staff and not having the chance to show my appreciation and tell them they will be missed over Summer break leaves my heart with an emptiness. 

I feel at a loss for the Students that I have the pleasure of Mentoring throughout the School year. We never got to have our “see you next year” hug and I never got to give them my speech about making good choices and staying on track during the Summer months. 

My heart breaks for everyone, we are all going through this. We may all have different views, different ways its effecting us but we are all going through it. 
My heart aches for the Seniors, I remember my Senior year and how much fun I had, the thought of a child having that taken away is horrible.  Our 5th graders are losing the chance to say goodbye to the Teachers & Staff who have been with them during their journey through Elementary School, they have lost the chance to celebrate their hard work before tmoving on to Middle School. Our Kindergartens have grown so much throughout the year, they might not know all the stuff they are missing out on as far as their ceremony and party but they are losing that time with the friends they have made and the Teachers who have helped them come out of their little shells. When they come back to School they will be in a completely different section of the School, never being able to tell their current section goodbye. 

It all truly sucks but my heart keeps telling me that when this is all over we will only come out stronger, we will work harder to make up for loss time, we will make everyday special, we will appreciate more. We wont take things for granted, we will live each day to the fullest . 
            We will never be normal after this but we will be better! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Insurance companies suck

In 2006 my husband was diagnosed with Kidney Failure that was a life changing event for both of us, though I didn't go through the physical part everyday I go through the emotional. Everyday I wake up and thank God for giving me another day with the love of my life and for watching over him as he continues to stay healthy and strong. Everyday I have a fear that that could all change but quickly move on because I have faith that we will continue to be blessed but I will always be extremely protective of my husband and emotional when it comes to his health because of what we have gone through. I am sure this is how everyone who has a loved one who has suffered or does suffer from a life changing illness feels. People who have not gone through this experience should feel lucky that they do not understand this feeling. With that being said I also have anger, lots of anger because of the Health "Care" business, and this is what I deal with on a constant basis. I am not a pol

The Night Before my Husband's Kidney Transplant

At this moment 8 years ago I was sitting at McAllen Medical Hospital with my husband, his sister, and brother preparing ourselves for a life changing event......  My husband's operation to get a new kidney which he was receiving from his sister Veronica. We were all filled with a hundred different emotions topping the chart was fear because we truly didn't know what to expect or what the outcome would be. We all tried to joke around my sister in law even had me take pictures of her giving a "tour" or her hospital room as we posed for a group picture you can see from the looks on all of our faces how we felt. Edgar was extremely quiet and I had no way of knowing how to comfort him but I tried. As the nurses came in and out with information our heads became to spin , once Veronica went to her room to try to get some rest. The doctor came in to answer questions we had and give us as much information as possible. They still didn't know the exact cause for Edgar's

(August 14, 2007) The Day I Witnessed my Husband Receive the Gift of LIFE!

 August 14, 2007 was the most emotional time of my life even to this date. When the surgeon walked in early in the morning to explain how the day was planned out he was so cold and matter of fact which didn't help put me at ease at all. He explained that my sister in law Veronica would be taken in first and then after she was prepped they would come back and take Edgar back,it was going to be a long day Edgar's portion taking the longest. As every moment passed I got a sicker feeling in my stomach I was terrified of being away from Edgar for so long without knowing what was going on. Edgar and I held hands until it was time for him to be taken away but I don't remember us talking much other then to say how much we love each other. Edgar was extremely nervous as excepted so the Dr. gave him something to relax him which kicked in as they were rolling him down the hallway, still holding hands Edgar left me with tears in my eyes and laughter coming out of my mouth because he wa